I had confronted a genuine close passing mischance at some point back (notice the scars to my left side leg in the correct pic? Yes, that ‘s the mishap. ) and to recuperate completely well, needed to take a ton of meds (which puffed my body a bit) + mother’s carefully assembled nourishment with all the indulgent Indian-ness :’) for 5 months in a row made me put on a considerable measure of weight. I was around 58 kgs before I met with the mischance and following 6 months of recuperation, I was somewhat more than 75 kgs. So I had picked up 17 kgs straight away.
My old garments didn’t fit me well, needed to purchase greater sizes now. Didn’t like it. Despite the fact that I had a consistent eating regimen, I was steady at 75 kgs. My routine physical movement was just about zero. I have dependable kept away from less than ideal nibbling, but since I had achieved a level where I wasn’t minding any longer, I chomped and munched.
There were times when individuals used to reveal to me how I used to look some time recently. What’s more, that by one means or another was discouraging. I attempted to make up for lost time with exercise such a large number of times, all futile. Went running for some time, tragically not all that intriguing for the laid-back-fat-me. I loathe exercise centering, still, try it attempt, just to see myself eating more than would normally be appropriate.
At long last came a period when my mother pushed me as far as possible. She knows yoga quite well, practice yoga, and reflection yoga both. I am separating it like this, in light of the fact that for individuals who concentrate just on getting in shape through yoga, this is an ideal approach to see it. In the event that you confound between the two, the fat misfortune won’t be as quick as 1.2 kgs seven days, similar to mine.
My Daily Schedule:
- Get up at 6:30 am.
- Without thinking anything, drink 2 glasses of lukewarm water. 2 spoons of fenugreek (methi) soaked overnight in that water.
- Go to the toilet and feel good that my stomach’s empty after coming out of the toilet.
- 1 beautiful hour of Yoga.
- 15 minutes of meditation.
- 10 hours of daily work.
- Come back to home. Relax for a while.
- 45 minutes of fast paced walking (before dinner) or play any outdoor game.
- Have dinner.
- Do whatever the hell you want, except eating and drinking liquids except for water.
- Soak 2 full spoons fenugreek seeds in 2 glasses of water.
Daily Yoga Routine:
- Start with Vriksha-aasan. 1-2 minutes.
- Do all levels of Virabhadrasana/Janusirsan
a/Ardhya Chandrasan/Anantasan/Urdh va Mukha Svanasana/Phalakasana/ and every possible yoga pose. Minimum 2 sets of 30 reps each for left and right parts of the body. Mind-boggling right? Join a Professional Yoga Center. For first timers, it’s best to join yoga centers for if your poses are not right, your effort is futile + you need to do such poses under supervision.
- SURYA-NAMASKAR: THE ONE THING I SWEAR BY ! This magically helped me reduce weight. Initially I did 10 reps, extended till 20 and gave up. The next day I did 25, next day 35 till one day I reached 100. Yes you read it right, 100 reps of Surya Namaskar daily. In approximately 40-45 minutes at one go. Do not push yourself if you are facing low/high bp or are facing back pain or any kind of pain in your body. After getting used to it, I began doing 50 before, and 50 after a full set of yoga poses. I used to put Hanuman Chalisa(a Hindu Mythological Hymn, very soulful) on loop and did my Surya Namaskars, cos you will feel like giving up, but I don’t know, listening to it gave me strength enough, to push myself to 50 anyhow. Later on it became a routine task for me, so wasn’t much of a problem. After 2 weeks of religiously practicing it you won’t feel a thing, trust me ! And your day will not go well if you don’t do it.
- In the end, I used to breathe deep for about 5 minutes to calm myself. Used to chant “OM” for 10 times, each time trying to chant it longer than the last time. Lie down for 2-3 minutes with closed eyes, palms facing
- upwards, body left loose. After 2 minutes, rub palms vigorously against each other and touch eyes only after which open your eyes. Get up from your right side very slowly.
- Breakfast : Sprouts/Fruits.
- Lunch :Either Fruits and boiled vegetables or Daal, definitely, 1 full bowl. Roti/Rice- sometimes. Sometimes bhelpuri along with the above.
- Dinner: Boiled bottle gourd mashed up in the mixer-grinder to get a smooth shake like texture. Add salt, black pepper powder, dash of lime, drink 2 full glasses. DRINK IT!
- NO SNACKS. STRICTLY!
- 4 bottles of lukewarm water per day. Less than that = not enough effort. WHENEVER YOU DRINK WATER, STRICTLY DRINK LUKEWARM WATER ONLY. You’ll feel pathetic initially, but do it. No questions asked. You’ll adapt.
- I am a pure vegetarian, not even eggetarian, so can’t say anything about including eggs in this diet.
- No food inside your body after 8 pm. Abide by this rule. Period.
- You’ll feel hungry, really really really hungry initially while switching to this plan, but out of desperation do not eat anything that causes you to gain weight. Trust me, once you get to see the results, you’ll thank yourself (and me)
- No additional beverages. Have either tea or coffee just once a day, preferably without sugar, if you can’t resist the urge at all. I resisted and lost 12 kgs, remember?Ultimately, measure your weight ordinary. I used to do it and I could see noticeable outcomes. It persuaded me to see that I lost 500 grams after my thorough yoga session. What’s more, I used to make it an indicate keep up that till the following day, by clinging to my eating routine arrangement. For all intents and purposes, it’s unrealistic to continue losing 500 gms ordinary at a similar pace, however losing 1-1.5 kgs for every week is simple, in the event that you take after the majority of the above.The weight decrease at first equipped. I lost straight 5 kgs in the main month. Yet, then it was steady for 2 weeks. I drove myself to accomplish all the more, yet that didn’t help. So don’t worry on the off chance that you don’t see moment comes about. Your weight will diminish in the end, concentrate on losing inches, not weight. Weight is only a method for measuring whether you are in good shape to accomplishing an extraordinary conditioned body.
Try not to consider yoga to be an approach to diminish weight. It is an excursion in itself, and you should see it like that. It reinforced me inwardly, rationally and unquestionably physically. I learnt troublesome yoga postures after which I understood I can do any physical assignment. Yes, it was overwhelming, yes I considered surrendering commonly, yes it begun incurring significant damage on me at first, yet would I have come to back to 60 kgs from 75 kgs today, on the off chance that I had surrendered then? I have returned to being 60 kgs now. Furthermore, I am more than cheerful than I at any point was. I consider it to be an accomplishment.
Here is a pic of me doing the Chakrasana.
If you think you’ll start from tomorrow, you will never do it, trust me! Start from today, right now, after reading my answer. Sit on your bed/chair/floor and breathe deeply for 5-10 minutes and tell yourself you will start it when you open your eyes the next morning. And after 10 weeks you will also be writing an answer here.